Monday, July 11, 2011

I Heart Vintage

Now before going any deeper, lets make a distinct difference between vintage and plain old used..
You buy or borrowing your cousin's two years old chanel bag is "plain old used"
You buying a chanel bag from the 70 or 80s, that might count as vintage..

I Love Vintage, espically when it comes down to designers such as Chanel and YSL

I also believe that vintage blazers and vintage maxi skirts are the best, its almost as if they dont make any good blazers anymore!

So now down to bussiness I want to share with you some of my fave vintage picks and where to buy them from

CAUTION! Dont Simply Google "vintage chanel" or "vintage hermes" or whatever, because you could easily be fooled into buying fake items.


1) What Goes Around Comes Around

Its a bussiness that started almost 17 years ago and was based in New Jersey, they now have various stores in the States and around the world

Here are some of my fave picks from their store






2) Sophie's Closet

An online bussiness based in dubai, sophie has some really valuable vintage picks, here are some of my fave
BTW you can shop sophie's closet items by visiting her website

http://www.shopatsophiescloset.com/






3) Bambah Boutique 

Last time I was in Dubai I had the chance to visit this amazing boutique located in Jumeriah Beach, and boy I was stunned at the beauty of the items there
espically the "blazers" heart heart heart
I really hope someone would open up a vintage shop in Oman, ahhh am day dreaming already
anyhow here are some photos and picks from Bambah Boutique







And well if you still didnt get a chance to visit any of these stores, just go through your mom's 70's closet, am sure there is a precious chanel bag there, a lovely skirt, an amazing jacket and some valuable stone earrings

But please dont borrow your cousin's 10 years old bag and claim "vintage"


xoxo
TaLyan's

No comments:

Post a Comment