Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Stop, watch it, and be inspired - Find beauty everywhere

In a previous post I mentioned that to me beauty isn't the genetic package you are born with, but the way you portray your beauty and the attitude and glamour you carry yourself with.

That's why I love fashion, make-up, styling, photography...it all allows you to re-define your beauty and focus on what you love in yourself.

I was always criticized by my friends as " having poor taste in deciding which girls are pretty and which guys are hot"

According to them, I see everyone pretty!

Well to me, when I walk into a party the girl or the guy who catches my attention isn't the one with the perfect genetic package of what people consider "pretty"

But rather the person who dresses himself well, focuses on their beautiful side and enhances it, and carries himself with an attitude of "HELL YEA I'M THE BOSS"

Such a person catches my attention way more than a person who presumably has the perfect genetic package but does zero to enhance it - doesn't dress up well, doesn't have the character or attitude to carry it-

But on top of all of that, to me I always found myself finding beauty in people most of my friends would call average.

It bothers me really, that beauty has been defined for us, and we blindly follow it without regard to what our true taste is, because after all it isn't something one can control, you are born with your genes, you cant change it, you didn't earn it.

But dressing our self, beautifying our self, carrying ourselves with the IT attitude, that is something we can control, and therefore it is something you earn and you can flaunt.

I admire a girl who has a good sense of fashion, beautifies herself, has confidence- way over a girl who simply has good genes- because she simply was born with it and didn't earn it,

Having said that, people no matter what flaws they may have -even though I don't like to call them flaws, but just to make the picture clear- Have to embrace their flaws, focus on their pretty side, enhance it, show it off, and have the confidence to carry it around.

But that can't be easy when there are people out there forcing us to think that beauty is only one thing and can't be anything else no matter how you dress, no matter how confident you are, no matter how pretty some parts of you are.

To them beauty is defined as one thing and one thing only and anything else is ugly.

My whole point of this post is that we should start seeing beauty in every person, embrace that beauty and start to view it in a different way.

To help you understand it better and be inspired I want you to watch the following video from TED


Rick Guidotti is a fashion photographer with a passion project: finding and sharing the unmistakable beauty of kids with albinism and other conditions that affect their physical appearance -- and the way society treats them. At TEDxPhoenix, he shares some of their stories and the empowering effects of a little glamour as he redefines their beauty in a flash






If a person who worked with top models can see beauty in everyone WHO ARE YOU to be picky when it comes to beauty?


xoxo
TaLyan's

No comments:

Post a Comment