Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shall we start?

So here it goes

Alot of you guys have been following the updates in the group, what is being sold and offered, but then again in the private a lot of you have been asking me various questions about various stuff, and honestly there is a lot that I want to share with you about what I love and want to have in my BouDoir aka my dressing room
from clothes, beauty products, accessories, bags, shoes, magazines, books and sweet treats!

One of the main questions I received is what is the meaning of a boudoir?

SO ....I will dedicate my first post to speak about what is a boudoir

A Boudoir is a french word for a woman's dressing room. The term derives from the french verb bouder, meaning "to be sulky"

Back in history women used to have like a private chamber next to her toilet inside her suite or bedroom, where she would dress and get ready--LOVED THE IDEA

I guess they understood back then that "getting ready and beautified" is like a ritual to any woman. She wants to take her sweet time doing it without being bothered --YES, I do get bothered alot when someone is talking to me when am putting my makeup or when am being rushed to finish dressing up--
I guess every girl wants to also have zillion of mirrors in her private chamber so she can look at herself from various angles

And most importantly every girl loves to have her fave items displayed nicely and neatly in her private chamber and wardrobe

ASK ME, I think it is criminal that we have to share our wardrobe, dressing table, shoe closet, and mirror with our sister or husband in future. I plan to start a protest soon, join me?

So anyhow back to topic, we chose this name for our mini bussiness and now our blog because we wanna share with you all the lovely items and err private chats we have in our own boudoir, or what we consider to be a boudoir..

And just to finish it up, I attached few photos of what I think a perfect boudoir should look like,
The first pic if Miley Cyrus's dressing room--she is young but the girl has taste
Some of the photos are simply sketches done by artists, as the idea of a boudoir is not common anymore, we are moving towards a built in closet
I PLAN TO BRING BOUDOIRS BACK!
 am having mine built and decorated, the wallpapers are a mixture of purple and gold, juss to hint you of how its gonna look like.

xoxo
TaLyan's




No comments:

Post a Comment