Thursday, October 20, 2011

The 1980s Party

First of all let me say: I LOVE HI FM, AND I LOVE NAWRAS BACKSTAGE

They brought some tunes to this "tune-less" city as I call it

I mean before them, we never used to have proper concerts, unless you like arabic singers, that was all that was being offered.

Anyhow yesterday they hosted a 1980s party @ Intercon, they have 4 huge icons from the 80s performing live: Katrina from katrina and the waves, Carol decker, and from the cutting crew: Nic Van Ede

It was a small event, they just had 1000 tickets for it, and it was hosted by Pat Sharp

The nice thing was that almost everyone was wearing some kind of an 80s clothing item, some were even fully dress in an 80s theme

I got ready almost like last minute, I went for sort of the 80s punk rock look but in a more mellow way :P -an exscuse for not dressing up fully in 80s-

So I had shoulder pads, a pink neon blazer, fish net stocking, and I like to think my nail polish also suited the theme, I had the O.P.I shutter black and silver with neon pink crystals attached.



The doors opened at 9 PM and for around two hours people were juss mingling and chilling with the DJ playing tracks from the 80s


And then they introduced the first act: Katrina from : Katrina and the waves, she performed for around half an hour


After that it was the crew, they performed and after that they took a short break where nicely enough of them they took photos with the fans


as for the 3rd act, I had to leave before that, some personal drama took place :P

Beside those poor quality photos I took with my mobile: the ones above,
I also took some poor quality videos with my mobile-hence the poor quality.

One video is of Katrina's act and the other one is of The cutting crew act

I uploaded them on youtube, you can find the links below, check them out and sorry for the bad quality, I didnt take a camera with me.

Katrina performing

The Cutting Crew performing

It was a fun night, loved it and cant wait for the Jay Sean concert on the 9th of November, get your tickets!

Xoxo
TaLyan's 

No comments:

Post a Comment