Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mall Horrors!

So I went for a bit of shopping today after a long stressful day at work.

Overall the shopping spree went well, loved the sale at H&M

But then again a day at City Center Quram can't be complete without a few fashion horrors, right?

Well am done talking about how the girls dress, its getting OLD..

I will tell you now about the fashion horrors in the stores stock

So fashion horror #1: The shoes at Vincci

So look at this photo, look at the highlighted shoe,



reminds you of something?

Let me help you a bit: TORY BURCH!

Now I didn't hear about any collaboration between Tory Burch and Vincci - if you did please let me know-

so am not sure now what is the shoe all about?
 Is it:
A copy-cat?
A Tory Burch inspired design? - if that's the case- its a bad inspiration and the shoe turned out ugly as hell

if it is simply a copy, then shame on you Vincci!

anyhow I am still trying to figure out the whole shoe issue, wondering if ana '6lamthom and there is actually a very top secret collaboration going on..so if you have any thoughts please do share.

So five minutes later: am infront of Nayomi, and I was like hey I wanna get me one of those whole towel sets, they are really cute and very useful. You have the wrap around towel with a bow, a set of 4 towels and slippers.


Here are few photos of them



Now wait don't get me wrong, those towel sets are not the "horror" am speaking about, infact those are gorgeous and one of the very few nice items you can find in Nayomi.

The horror was:

Horror #2: The Bride Costume

So as I was looking around Nayomi, I came across something very disturbing, in the section of their errr  lingerie, there was a sad ass "bride costume". Now I couldn't take a photo infront of the workers in the shop, but I have found some photos of something similar to what I saw in the shop.

It was a bride costume, you know the one where you dress up as a bride, like in Halloween..


It was a short white dress, with a veil, a tiara and a white thong!


something like this:



  

 It was so scary, and freaky and TOTALLY NUTS!

I mean who in her right mind will wear this for her: husband, boyfriend or finace! 

I kept picturing various scenarios 

Scenario A: A girlfriend wears it for her boyfriend on what supposed to be a hot steamy night:

The man will probably run for his life, thinking his girlfriend has lost her mind and wants to force him into marriage more like: ba7o6ak fee el amar el waqi3! Who knows he might think there is a wedding ring hidden up her vagina and a sheikh outside waiting to do the 3aqad el qaran! RUN FOR COVER BOY, RUN FROM THIS MARRIAGE OBSESSED PYSCHO!

Scenario B: A wife wears it for her husband on their wedding night

So she gets out of the actual wedding dress and into this costume and goes like: 7ayaaati ana 3aroostak, and he will be like: duuh, I know, we just had a huge wedding, I know u r my bride, what is the point? isn't that like stating the obvious! I know you are my wife 5laaa9!

Scenario C: A wife wears it for her husband after 3 years

Now this is so sad I don't even want to make fun of it, he knows it, you know it, the whole society knows it, you are not a bride anymore, your 15 minutes of wearing the tiara is over, ahhh simply: sad, very very sad

So as I was looking at the stack of these costumes and imagining the various scenarios, I burst out laughing, the worker there gets offended and I go like : but walla y5awaaf shu hathaaa!

I have no comment all I can say: ربنا لا تؤخذنا بما فعله السفهاء منا! hahahaha!

Hey guys am all in for doing what you want in the bedroom, being kinky and all that, maybe you have some cuffs and a whip, fine by me, its even a little turn on to be a bit nasty, but nothing about this costume is kinky, nasty nor a turn on, its plain SAD and scary, re-enforced how women are so obsessed with weddings- not marriage- nope they like "the wedding" part.



I want to pass by Nayomi after a month, see if the stock moved, it would be interesting to see if there are people out here who would buy it.

And just to add an important point: the material, the stitching, the quality: CHEAP!

and just to top up my day! There was a stand outside Nayomi filled with cheap fake knock-offs of YSL rings and Tiffany and Co necklaces. In the middle of the mall for god's sake! Its bad enough they stock them up in ma3ra'9, but in the middle of the mall? A disgrace!

Other than that, shopping was fun :)

4 comments:

  1. Please do hauls :) It would be fun and interesting to see what you got, I mean if it's ok with you. A lot of bloggers and youtubers do hauls, you can google them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion sweety, will do it soon as possible, for my next mall visit, which will be soon mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries :) Looking forward to it. Ooooh have fun and (maybe take me with you please?) Also if it's not too personal, could you do a post about your high school and college experience and tips on what someone's skincare routine should be(i.e. tips for oily skin, how to get rid of acne and such)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your experience with skincare products, which eye creams do you reccomend, for dark circles and eye care in general?

    ReplyDelete