Saturday, July 2, 2011

TaLyan's: Saloon Review - Saharz - Hair cut

I am a Saloon/Spa addict
I have no intention to go to rehab
I visit Saloons on average 2/3 times a week..

and since I visit them this often, I decided I will share with you my beloved readers a review every week, I will start this week by reviewing a saloon I visited couple of days ago, and which is one of my faves, its close to where I live aswell..
 
Saharz Saloon



But before discussing my new hair cut I have to tell you about my err "hair history"

2008- Very Long hair, it would reach up to juss a little bit above my hips
2009- I decided to cut it for some reason, and I did the Rihanna hair cut
2010- Got bored of short hair, had extensions done that where even longer than my initial hair length
2011- Decided to remove them, and have another short hair cut

I used to have my hair cut at Crown Plaza, but honestly 5ala9 I can no longer take the hairdressers' attitude over there. They dont apperciate loyalty, their attitude is as wide as the ocean, so last time I made a vow to never EVER go there again

So I decided to try cutting it at Saharz, I used to go there only for lash extensions, makeup and nails
and boy was I pleasently pleased by the results!!

1st of all, the place is very nicely decorated , as soon as you enter you will feel the vibe



The reciptionist guided me to the lovely hair station, that is decorated in eye-pleasing white and purple, it reminded me of candy



The hair stylist then met me, I discussed with her how I want my hair to be, I also told her I want to dye it in black as I hate my faded-black hair color, she explained to me extacly what she is going to do, and she was really sweet.
I also told her that I want my hair to have a bit of volume at the crown, so she cut it in a way that few short hairs were left standing at the crown. Upon blow dry those hairs will make the whole hair pop up and give it a bit of volume.

Then after applying hair color and cutting hair, I was guided to have my hair washed and I recieved a lovely head massage in the process


At the end I was served delicious green tea, and the hair stylist took some time to show me how to blow dry my hair in a way that it will give it plenty of volume


and VOLAA, here are the results,

Before The Hair Cut, With Extensions On



After, With Brand New Hair Cut and Fresh Black Hair Color



SO, My Final Assesment:

Customer Service 5/5 - and trust me you dont get that alot in Oman, all those hair stylist and make up artists walking around like they own the town, if you dare to comment on their work, BOOM, they turn EVIL

Ambience 5/5-  You go there, experience the atomsphere, the interiors, the music, its just so soothing

Hair Cut 4.5/5

Hair Color 5/5

Price 5/5 it was around 35 or 40 for hair cut and hair color, very reasonable!

Additional Comments:

I love the fact that Sahar - the owner- is herself very stylish refelecting a good impression upon her Saloon, personally I dont like doing my hair or makeup at a place where the owner has bad hair or wears make up like CoCo the Clown! I just wont trust her choice and taste! And unfortantly that is the case with many owners of beauty saloons here in Oman. They do it for the money, whereas people like Sahar do it to make a beauty and fashion statment.

If you havent met Sahar, I can tell you she is a very graceful elegant lady who is very down to earth and friendly with her customers
She has a moder vision on fashion and beauty







Saharz Saloon is located in Madinat Qaboos, Near Oman Oil Petrol Station
Way 2114, House 325
Telephone: +968 24696161
                  +968 24695151

Facebook: Saharz Beauty Saloon

3 comments:

  1. Elegant, classy , sexy and sassy! That's what every woman will feel once she goes and try the service at Saharz

    From my personal experience Sharz salon is The Best Elegant Beauty Center that I ever witness in Omam It's "All in One"!

    So looking forward and excited for the upcoming Spa at Saharz

    I guess I'm next for a new hair cut at Sharaz ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes!!!!very very true,, love the comments abt sahar and the salon.. been there too and must applaud them, proffesional, friendly not snobbish at all unlike some so called beauty experts here.at saharz they treat u like their one and only queen. u come out feeling like a real LADY!!
    Sahar is a lovely lady herself and oh so elegant,love her and so proud of her achievements.. a modern,independant, powerful lady !! such a darling too,one of the top notch salons in oman I must say

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with the above comments,,,, I'm in love with the new look!

    Let's not forget about services that she offers they are truly very good and satisfying. personally I love doing my hair and make up at saharz, cause sahar makes sure I get the look that I want :)

    ReplyDelete