Monday, July 2, 2012

Vanilla scent: an aphrodisiac?

So Jennifer Love Hewitt admits to wearing vanilla extract, yes the actual extract, the one you use in baking, behind her neck to attract men.

"I carry McCormick's Pure Vanilla [in my purse] -- the baking kind -- and dab it on my neck," she tells Us Weekly. "Men are attracted to the scent! One time, I put it on and four different guys were like, 'You smell amazing!'

While I don't agree to taking stuff out of your kitchen and using them as perfume, there is some truth and science to what she does.

According to Neurologist Alan Hirsch of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago when he conducted a test to understand the impact of smell upon sexual arousal. He discovered the smell which arouses mature men the most was vanilla smell.

So it turns out that Vanilla scent is an aphrodisiac and stimulate the sexual senses, and helps in errr turning men on, and sometimes women too.

I actually thought for a while that I was attracted to a certain guy, and then after a while I discovered I was attracted to the vanilla scent he was wearing, and without it there was no attraction!


anyhow am an extreme case, so nevermind :P



Nevertheless, spraying on some Vanilla scented body mist, will have you smelling good, and it will turn on the senses of those who surround you. I DON'T recommend doing it the way Jennifer is, that is using the actual extract. Instead there are so many body creams and Mists you can find in the market that will give you the same effect.


Since in Oman the choices are limited, here are the top 3


 1) Victoria Secret: Vanilla Lace




This is the one I use, but I don't use the whole collection, I just use the body spray and body lotion.

2) Bath and Body Works: Warm Vanilla Sugar




3) Body Shop: Vanilla





Personally I wouldn't go as far as using the whole collection of any of the above because simply to me a body shower and gel, is something which only you would smell, it rarely lasts on skin, and in that case I would go for a scent that I love using during shower time, something energizing in the morning: Citrus scents, and more relaxing at evening: lavender.

As to what actually stays on the skin, it would be body butter/cream and body mist/spray. You don't want to use two various scents one as body cream and one as spray as the combination if not perfectly planned may end up smelling EEEW! But having your skin moist after using the cream will help the scent of the spray stay longer as compared to spraying it to dry skin.




Other aphrodisiac scents are Cinnamon and Lavender, but am not sure how cinnamon would actually smell on the body!

Lavender on the other side smells greats, I used to love the lavender collection by Loccatine , but too bad it closed here.



No comments:

Post a Comment