Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Tribute To A Legend: R.I.P Amy Winehouse

I was in Malaysia when I heard the news

A Legend was dead..



And then there the stupid meaningless broadcast going on and on

"why are you wishing peace among a drugie" "she was a crackhead good that she died" "million of children dying why to care about a woman who threw her life away"

and while reading those broadcasts all I was able to think about is, " SHIT, all the shallow stupid singers are still alive, and the deep complex legends are DYING!"

So, as soon as I got back to Oman, I decided to write this post as a tribute to her
And since this is a fashion and beauty blog, I want to go over some of her best fashionista moments


In my opinion the best description of this diva was by the Newsmagazine:  "a perfect storm of sex kitten, raw talent and poor impulse control."


As reported by the Stylecaster, Amy Winehouse style has even inspired Karl Lagerfeld to dress the models like Amy Winehouse when the fashion show Chanel’s Pre-Fall, 2008. I mean who can blame him, we are loving the big hair, polka dot, catty eyes and loads and loads of tattoos!





 Amy rocked the red carpet at the Brits Awards in 2007, when she came dress in this hot neo yellow dress by Preen

Amy looked amazing in this mellow blind of pastel colors dress by Arrogant Cat



Boobs exposed but well in shape, red nails, red top, red flower, amy just had the whole place burning


Dressed in Sinha-Stanic dress and Jonathan Kelsey heels, Amy rocked her fave british labels



Elegant in black, we are totally loving her classic black Louboutins



She was an inspiration for many fashionistas

Vogue Paris February 2008, Isabeli Fontana as Amy Winehouse



Ash Stymest as Amy Winehouse in Candy


 Chanel Fashion Show



Adriana Lima as Amy Winehouse




Thinking of her makes me remember a famous quote I love

I have found it easier to identify with the characters who verge upon hysteria, who were frightened of life, who were desperate to reach out to another person. But these seemingly fragile people are the strong people really. Tennessee Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment