Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I loved about Ramdhan this year

I LOVED: The lovely prayer broadcasts sent to me on BB from very spiritual people

The most amazing one was a prayer sent to me regarding religion tolerance, I loved it so much that I broadcasted it to everyone on my list, and now I wanna share it with you:

"Allahoma look with compassion on the whole human family, take away the controversial teachings of arrogance, divisions and hatred which have infected our hearts, break down the walls that separate us, reunite us in bonds of love and work through our confusion to accomplish your purpose on earth, let all nations, races and religions jointly serve you in justic and peace and harmony. Open the closed minds, teach them tolerance and guide them with love. Amen"


I just love prayers that are empty of anything negative, hate or anger or fear, and I just love prayers that are full of love and positive words, it just tunes your mind into a positive zone..


I LOVED: Charity everywhere!!

Charity was everywhere this year. TV, events, messages, broadcasts and it was so heart warming to see all that effort by people.
And what I loved the most is that it is different that what it used to be, zaman it was all about تبرئة ذمة
It was like just give away money to the "needy" regardless of who the needy are

But now you see money going to various causes, which shows that people really want to help and have opened up their minds when it comes to helping people and accepting those who might seem different than what we consider to be "normal"

The causes varied from money and clothing for the needy, to money raised for female education, money raised for somalyia, money raised for people with mental disability and more and more!

BUT WHAT I LOVED THE MOST, is that it wasnt just money, youth in Oman was willing to give time and effort to help people who are less fortunate than us.

A great example is the event hosted by Ba9ma


They organized an event where all kids celebrated eid, the catch was the event combined both regular kids and their families and other kids who are differently-able. It was so amazing and am so proud of all those girls and boys who organized this event!


I LOVED: Desserts made by MaMa and me

All those who know me, know that I dont cook, period.

BUT, am queen of desserts, and Ramdhan is the time I get more creative, anyhow I made many desserts this year for my mama and family, but stupid of me I didnt take photos, however I will share with you photos of the same desserts I did earlier this year..


Chocolate balls 


Truffles


Cake Pops


I LOVED: Chillaxing with my besties and family after eftar

Since we dont have many options here in muscat we were chilling in the same places: Kargeen, shangrilla, tche tche, but also this year the new addition was the porche tent at Inter and the roof top at La Mer

I loved the food at the porche tent and the fact that it was indoors


and they show casted all the matches, ANND they were open until 3:30 AM, not like other places closing early :@

Had some great time there, hope they host it again next year




What I Loved about La Mer was the atmosphere, the food and the Oud player.
He kept singing and singing none stop and his songs are amazing and his voice is heavenly





I kept requesting the same song from the Oud player, and the last night of ramdhan I just had to take a recording of the song and share it with you guys, I LOVE THIS SONG, but I couldnt upload the song :(


XOXO,
TaLyan's
Eid Mubarak

No comments:

Post a Comment