Monday, July 18, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake..

Didnt I talk about fashion and sugar before?

Ooops yes I did!!

But well who can have enough talk about fashion or sugar in this case!

But I do want to talk about a certain cake mastermind right here in M city

I guess my cupcake obssession started when I tasted her cupcakes

Before any cupcake would either be yummy, but too plainly decorated

OR

Nicely decorated, a real eye candy, but it would taste as dry as stone!

Until I met cupcake Guru: Nadya Khan!



I heard about her through friends, and I ordered my first batch of cupcakes from her last July, and I LOVED THEM!

and then I ordered another batch two weeks later, and another batch a month later, and my friends started ordering and VOLA, I was hooked on her cupcakes, I wouldnt order from anywhere else.

And here is why - my beloved readers- I love her work so much:

1) Design:

She is truly gifted! I would just tell her few words about the theme I have in mind, and she will do the rest, she chooses the color, the designs, the images and everything!
The work is neat and very well constructed




2) Taste

Dear other cake designers, when I bite on a piece of cake, I dont expect to taste sand and rocks, I want to taste cream, ganache, soft cake and fresh fruits!

and that is how Nadya's cakes taste like. Her cupcakes are filled with cream and ganache, no way you would feel it is dry.




3) Attitude

Its been almost a year and a half since I first met her, and it has been more than 20 cake orders and still this woman mets me at the door, hands me the cakes by herself with a warm smile and actually bothers to ask me "how am doing"

I once ordered cakes from a certain cake designer, it was the first time I ever order something from her, she didnt bother to say hello on the phone when I called to collect the cakes, was giving me directions very rudely, hanged up without bothering to know my name, and sent the maid to hand me the cakes!

its a "home" bussiness for god's sake, try to be a bit more welcoming and warm.


and for the above reasons my beloved readers, I love nadya and her cakes








You can check out Nadya's cake collection and place orders via her facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/groups/nadiya.thecakedesigner

or contact her via email
nadiya.thecakedesigner@groups.facebook.com

Boy, I need some cake now!

xoxo
TaLyans


2 comments:

  1. wow....Tawa i am so honored and touched. That is so sweet of you. Inshallah many more cakes to come with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like! does she have a facebook page?

    ReplyDelete