Friday, December 30, 2011

Last Words Of 2011




A warm hello from Beirut, or more of a cold one, because its freezing here!

I know I should have expected it to be cold, but not this cold, am freezing!

So anyhow in less than 48 hours we are gonna be saying goodbye to this year, and hello to 2012!

Honestly this year has been a roller coaster for me, so many things happened

I graduated finally!!
I got assigned to my first job ever, and am loving it beyond words, being the first omani lady medical rep is an amazing feeling, espically when so many people doubted that you can do it!
I finally got cat, that I fell in love with, my baby jeselle I cant live without her now!
I visited a couple of places that I have been wanting to visit for a long time now
I discovered the real colors of so many people, had to shut them out of my life, and on the other hand I got to meet amazing new people who am thankful to have in my life
I started TaLyan, and now it is the highlight of my day.

and so many more things happened, but those are the main things..

So here are some of the things I want to share with you that I think are important to keep in mind when you starting a new year:

Be thankful! even when you feel there is nothing to be thankful for, be sure that you are taking so many things for granted, there are days am thankful for simply having a yummy meal, enjoying a lovely TV show and being able to enjoy it while am healthy. There are days am thankful for makeup, seriously, can you imagine life without it? I CANT!

Love your mother, father, brothers and sisters: it goes without saying why that is so important.

Put your friends first ALWAYS! The worst thing ever is when you put silly things such as money or a guy above your friends, men come and go, money comes and goes, but a childhood friend is something you cant start over again.

Be true to yourself, there will be days when you feel you have to just go with the flow, there will be days when you will think ahhh I have to be like everyone else to fit in and get along, DONT, stay always true to what you believe.

Dont compromise on your dreams! Dreams are meant to be big and fantasy-like, so dont settle for less.

Develop tolerance towards people of a different race, different tribe, different religion, different faith. Its hard to accept those who are different, its a humans' method of survival to stick to what is familiar, to make distniction and to say you are wrong, am right. Make a resolution this year to work on this aspect.

Make a shopping wish list. I find it so refreshing and mind calming. Make it even if you are not sure you will be able to buy those items.

Focus more on your career, nothing is more self-rewarding than that.

ahhh if I go on I wont stop so these are some of the things I think you should keep on mind for the new year.

and here are some messages I have for certain people in 2011:

For certain females: thank you for being a mirror of what I never want to end up being, thanks for making mistakes infront of me to help me avoid doing them, thanks for re-assuring me to be thankful for being true to myself.

For certain males: thank you for showing me that some men just cant be original, that some of you are just less than perfect chaport copies of the original, and by god's help I hope you can find your way to be better

To my loved ones: thank you for making every year filled with laughter, love, fun and excitment!

I hope you all enjoy your new year's eve, and I hope I will enjoy mine here in Beirut!


Before I leave you, I want you to listen to this amazing poem by Sarah Kay, Its one of those most inspirational things I have heard during this year, the poem is meant to be advices for her daughter, but its actually general advices for EVERY1 in life, its good to keep those things in mind when startin a new year



xoxo
TaLyan's

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know it got cold in Beirut, wishing you the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it gets really cold and it snows wishin u all the best too babes

    ReplyDelete